cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could this be the elusive Saphiret?

The colors seem correct and the construction might be late Victorian c1900.

I have been researching and have found nothing with the molded glass fronts.

All help greatly appreciated.

20230412_221658~2.jpg

20230412_222128~7.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I would say definitely... you found a stunner there OCN!! I had a piece a few years ago that had molded facets in the top, like an invisibly set stone by Trifari. Looks like the stones are in great condition too, amazing find!

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@christinesclassicjewelry 

Thank you for your reply.

I have had finding one of these on my list for quite a few years. At the same time I found a Kiddie Kraft GF Child's Bracelet.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

My vote is yes!  Very nice!!!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

A third vote for yes and she is absolutely beautiful !  Check saphiret off your bucket list.  😊 

Where did you find this treasure ? 🌸🦋🌼

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you

@1940fc 

@southernmermaid8 

I found this gal at my Mom's Favorite Thrift Store. It's a small independent charity store for orphan's in Mexico. We almost always seem to find something we are in search of at this store. This Saphiret was a huge surprise though.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Love it❣️ 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Spectacular!!! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

DINGDINGDINGDING !  Congratulations!  The clasp is replaced, but the replacement is nearly as old as the pin is so no one will ever care. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Stunning! Kudos to you OCN!!! Great find♥

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you

@gauntlettgems 

@evelyb30 

@vernon1959 

When I saw the back I noticed that the hinge has the old wire through type which made sense for a possible replacement pin to go with the C Clasp add on. 

There are some spots of dark discoloration behind the glass but I am thinking maybe spots of verdigris? Or is the stone foil backed and that the issue? I noticed when researching that the closed back peices sometimes had less color or dark spots but not on open backs.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

OH, YES!  

Lucky you!  A beautiful antique example.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

The one that I had that was similar to this with flat backs and faceted tops did have foil backing the stones, and I think yours does too. Mine had a lot of darkening in the foil, so that is probably what you are seeing. I can't see any in the picture though, so it must not be too bad. 

So glad you were able to check this one off your list, and such a great example of the early rare saphiret glass! Such a treasure!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you  @flipping_treasures 

@christinesclassicjewelry 

Thank you for the information. I was thinking about pulling a stone out to have a look but hoping I wouldn't need to. I will be leaving as is 🙂

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Elusive no more!  WOW, its a real beauty.

No question it's saphiret, as others have said.   I would say an above average example, a bit unique in it's design, really a cut above, IMO.   And positively ANTIQUE (much harder to find!) I think your dating is spot on. 

Congratulations.

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 15 of 15
latest reply