cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Have Knocked Me Over With A Feather...

Found this beautiful butterfly brooch with a different kind of texture:

SB4282-1.jpg

If you look closely on the bottom of the right wing, you will find a familiar maker's mark.  Did you find it?  Research says this piece was introduced in 2005 and retired in 2008.  Do you see it?  I only found it only when I looped it.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Pretty sweet; I've gotten lots of stuff from this company from people who didn't know what that mark was or where to find it. Is this former "ugly ducking" going to swim or fly into your critter collection?

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

It is flying right into my butterfly collection and on the identified textures in the next couple of days.  I have owned at least a dozen or two of this companies brooches and earrings, but never have I seen this texture used by them.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I think I see the Mark but not sure who it is.

On my iPod the texture looks like dragonflies 🙂

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I see it ! They did some unusual pieces but I've never seen this flower texture before.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I just looked to see if this flower design was the one they originally used, but it's not, it's different.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

it does kindof look like an eidelweiss...

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Sorta-kind-of, but the one they used first looks more like an eidelweiss, IMHO.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Sweet! The Texture and the Mark are much clearer on a real Monitor 🙂

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Yes I see the mark , very pretty ! Isn't it fun to discover the Maker's Mark ? Sometimes I forget to bring my loop and when I get home, it's like , I see you !
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

After staring at this for a while I finally see it and recognise the mark ....very interesting.  Nice brooch.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Come on Sandy and ladies, some of us cannot see the mark on our monitors.  Who done it????

Merry Christmas,

Carol

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Sandy's title for this thread  is a cryptic clue ... and there are a few others too.

Ooops, edit to add: Merry Christmas!!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I see it!!

Clue

clue2.png

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Nice find! And not a maker I would have suspected from the appearance. Though I've found other pieces "cheep" from people (including at least one dealer!) who didn't recognize that "duckling."

flotsamlogo
Message 15 of 22
latest reply