cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help with two dangles?

Good morning!!  I have looked everywhere and can't come up with the name/origin of either of these beauties.  They are still very much in need of a cleaning.. 

I hope someone can help...

Thanks, Judy  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I apologize that the pictures are huge...  Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Mornin Judy ! Naw..your pics are fine..sometimes they need to be larger in order for us to see things better. Cat Happy

The 1st necklace..that looks likejust 1 side of the clasp that hooks over? I think of a dangle as something attached to the end of a chain)

2nd one, again is not a dangle, but the 'shepherds' hook is part of the type of clasp used. It`s kinda hard to see that, but it appears to be just a design in the hook, not a name?

Check here to see if you see anything that migh help

http://imageevent.com/flippingtreasures/jewelrystyles/h2clasptypesh2

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thanks 1940!!  I should have explained it better. 

I did look at Sandy's 'Flippin Treasures', but no luck.

Are you familiar with anyone that may have used designs like these ~ clasps and shepherds hooks?  It is a design on the shepherd's hook, but neither one like the norm that I'm used to seeing?  How about you?

Thanks again...  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Unfortunately the shepherd`s hooks were so common..if I had to take a guess ..I might think Germany or Czech on your crystals, but that`s only a guess. As always when not marked, its pretty difficult to ID a common item. Those do look like nice crystals tho

Perhaps on the 1st necklace..if you show a shot of the entire piece..along with a pic of it hooked..that might help those that are able to ID from style.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Thanks again 1940!!  I will take a pic clasped and maybe that will spark some ideas..

Thanks, they are pretty crystals and not a bite on them.... 

Have a great day and thanks for your replies....  Judy

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Here's a couple of pictures of the necklace clasped...  Maybe this will help..  Again, they need cleaning, big time....  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

And, one more....

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Hmmm..now I am merely curious. In seeing the entire necklace..all I see on my monitor are gold tone components (spacer beads, bead caps, & the links) but the floral bead connectors &  hook appear to be a shinier silver tone (compared to)..so possible replacement? 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The chunky shape of the hook on the first one reminds me of German pieces. It's a vague memory of seeing W. Germany stamped on it.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Sarah, they are all gold tone, just bad picture taking. hahahaha

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks Crow Nest for your reply.  I kind of wondered if Germany. Thanks again...  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

The brass findings on the crystal necklace definetly look Western Germany to me.  As 1940 pointed out, however, these findings were pretty common and without a signature it is almost impossible to name a maker.

As for the other necklace with the floral findings there were a number of companies that used these types of floral fingings, however, I can't recall seeing this specific pattern.  Vendrome and Miriam Haskell are the first two that comes to mind.  This is more of the style of Vendrome pieces, IMHO.  But these were not the only companies that used this type of findings and without a name or an identical signed piece it is again almost impossible to ID.  You might look for some earrings that match this necklace.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply