cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As anybody else having big bidding war on your item(s)

I  never had this before and please please help!!!!! I just got a bidding war on a pair of clip earrings sold at $172.50.  I could see them go for maybe $40. The auction just closed and maybe the bidder will not pay me.  She does havfe a rating of 80.  I don't think this could be right.  Two bidders went at it but for that price.  If she backs off it would not surprise me.  Just wondering if anyelse has had this happen to them lately.  (These are not gold)

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not lately but I had a Hard Rock Cafe pin sell for about what you got for those clip earrings.

I think it is in the name, congratulations 🙂

"Vintage Schiaparelli Dangle Clip Earrings glass stones set on gold tone"

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

AHHHHHHH, I remember bidding wars.  Those were the days.  Congrats.  They are great eariings by a great designer that has a good following.  My guess is that these earrings were needed to fill in a set. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think Sandy's right.  I had a pair of enamel Lisner earrings go for $84 once.  I'm sure that was for the same reason.  Unless Lisner has suddenly jumped in value.  LOL!

Sherry

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No, I have not had this happen lately, as I believe that bidding wars are few & far between, so you are especially lucky!  (I wish I could have seen it in action, as it would have been very exciting, too.)  Mucho congratulations!

Of course, the earrings are quality, a popular designer, and stunning, so I'm not overly surprised.  If the winning bidder doesn't pay,  you can always do a "Second Chance Offer" to the next in line.  Good luck!!!  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you evreybody for your input.  Being that I had two bidders and there was nothing like it out there and in perfect condition.  I guess we all get a great price for something.  Waiting for the person to pay but yes I can also offer the other bidder the second chance if this person doesn't pay.  Meanwhile I'm adding a couple of earring lots of unsigned pieces that I just need to sell at whatever price I get.  I'm sure of you guys are like me and have boxes of jewelry.  I like to offer nice lots evrery once in a while.  Right now I'm in a bidding war myself over a pair of jeans! HAHA!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

wOW, That is great, I do not know how to look and see what has sold by others, however I am happy for you and hope they pay!! 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

When you go to the auction item page that you are reviewing on the left way down you can click on sold listings.  I find that is a true indication of what the piece is selling for.  I buy at estate and auctions and get Avon Monet Coro Weiss and sarah Cov.  Some pieces are common or at least something is pretty much what I have.  That way I can list something for fair value.  But sometimes I get something like these earrings that were mixed in a jewelry lot with plastic beads.  The maker I never had before. I just went and looked at this maker's jewlery and I should not have been surprised on the winning bid.  But it does take 2 bidders who really want something bad for a bidding war.  Just never had one like this before.  I am so grateful!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply