cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on who this cameo depicts?

Not much to go on, but the carving is so beuatiful it owuld be a shame to not try. Right now Im not even sure if I should be concentrating on God or mortal, male or female lol.

classical soldier cameo fisrt image.jpg

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Lovely piece--looks like some kind of Roman soldier to me.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Looks like a Roman Soldier to me as well . Unless it is Mars the God of War . He wore a head dress like this .
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Drop dead gorgeous.

How about Athena? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My first thought was Athena.  Long hair femine features and dress.  Very nice cameo.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Athena is a good guess.  It looks like she is sometimes pictured with a leaf laurel around her helmet

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Minerva Victrix, perhaps. Minerva is the Roman goddess identified with Athena and the laurel wreath is a symbol of victory.

flotsamlogo
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I don't think it's Athena. It looks masculine to me.

TEX
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I vote for male as well
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

My only comment is, That is gorgeous!

Fig

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply