cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Hattie Carnegie experts? Egyptian Revival Collection?

Sorry, I posted earlier about this elephant and found out it's a good luck Indian elephant. While trying to research, I came across a listing on Betsy as an unsigned Jade Duette by Hattie Carnegie from her Egyptian Revival Collection from the 60's. I haven't been able to find anything else while googling and am hoping someone knows Hattie and can help.

Here it is:

hattie elephant

hattie back

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just like all things sparkly is not D&E, all things plastic are not Hattie Carnegie.  I see the mermaid is back too.

There are lots of unsigned plastic pieces that are being identified as Hattie Carnegie.  There were bunches of pieces, including the mermaid that were coming out of Mexico in about 2001 or there abouts that have been misidentified as Hattie pieces by wishful thinkers.  If the only thing about your elephant that makes you think it might be Hattie Carnegie you might want to do some more research.  Find a signed Hattie Carnegie elephant and go from there.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's exactly why I asked here Sandy. I'm so new at jewelry, let alone Hattie Carnegie, and know people here can spot details that I as a newbie would never think about. 🙂 I only have seen one Hattie Carnegie piece in person, and that is a signed angel/cherub brooch holding some sort of art glass that I have. I don't think this was made in 2001 since it was in with a bunch of old jewelry I bought including Weissco, Vendome, and some czech pieces, but what do I know. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

These types of HC pieces have been a contravertial top here in the past. One thing I vaguely remember being said is that there were copies similar to HC made contemporary to the original pieces.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks OCN, another unsigned beauty I guess. 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thre HC trembler fly pin is another piece that is constantly under scrutiny.  I had an unsigned one (copy) and the discussion on it (a while back) was that it is NOT an HC piece.  I see tons of these very same pins being listed here and elsewhere as unsigned Carnegies when they are not.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6
latest reply