cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling photography as Art, ideas, mixed medias, collages, enahancing etc.

Hello!

I am posting such topic, knowing very good, that sell something created by not famous author is almost unpossible. 

So, I try a kind of mix - "collage" of my photography and not mine, but original and certificated item (a page from old XV Century print with certificate), see example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325090257213

What do You think?

Another idea: What do You think about selling such photography (digital print, of course highest fine-art quality print and paper) - and, as we know, that photography is hard to sell because it lack an element of creator / artist handwork, natively unreplicable, I think about selling and describing item, for example, as

"photography: base medium, processed digitally and by hand-painting (painting and collage on the printed paper medium added by artist by hand-work), such item gains 3d-elements, like elements add by glue or other media (mixed with acrylic or other paint) etc.

As an example I may present such photograhy, which is documentary photography of horses on street of medieval town centre (Cracow, Poland) - and after lightroom basic editing, photography is processed digitally (and, as I could name it, "enhanced by spirits" (which is a case, in fact :-))..

Title is: "Women Warrior in armour, Gurdjieff Ghost Horse and two knight-riders preparing to Faith" 

dakunin_0-1646770222784.jpeg

By the way, do You see the Warrior - Lady? (bust in breastplate) ;)?

best regards 

MD

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

hi.  i was wondering if anyone could help me with how to list a topic on this forum.  i realize this is off topic but i can't, for the life of me, figure out how to list here.  any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

anakranism,

First, you go to eBay categories, then go down to art and click! When the site first opens at the top, on the right is a big blue button with 'start a conversation' on it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

when i do exactly that there's a section box just below the subject field where it asks you to "select location."  this Art discussion board is not among the list of locations you can choose.  if you don't choose a location you can't upload the discussion.  i have managed to get past this part(don't ask me how because it's tricky), but when i click to upload my question i get a big banner saying something to the effect that  i don't have adequate clearance to perform this task.  i'm completely blocked from posting a question here.  i've been a seller on ebay for 22 years.  is there some secret handshake i need to be made aware of?  i'm sorry, i'm just very frustrated.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply