cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number in Triangle

I have a 16" anatomically correct newborn with no company information. It says it is made in China and has a number 25 in a triangle on the back of the neck.  I think this means it was the 25th one made.  I am trying to figure out who made this doll and when.  Thanks

20240302_021137.jpg20240302_020842.jpg

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Number in Triangle

I have not been able to identify the maker of your realistic, anatomically correct all vinyl boy baby doll.  There is one currently listed on eBay with a number in a triangle mark and it is described as Realistic Newborn Baby Boy Doll "Made in China." The asking price is $65.00 or best offer. People like these dolls for a variety of reasons. Some people use them to make a "reborn" baby doll. Others like them as a play doll for their child. Some mental health providers buy these dolls so that a child can express where and how they might have been inappropriately touched.  I started to see these dolls back in the early '90s, made in Spain by  Berjusa and/or Famosa. They were sold in specialty doll shops for about $65 back then.  A company called Berenguer was making them too (in China) and they were less expensive and sold at stores like Toys R Us. There was a lawsuit between those companies as to who had made them first. Berenguer prevailed, from what I remember. There was back then the thought that a doll made in China was not of the same quality as a doll made in Spain. I personally have not seen a difference in quality between this type of doll, regardless of which country it was made in. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply