Coach Bag # 6499

Hi,

Checking to see if this is real or fake. Thank you.012.JPG011.JPG013.JPG002.JPG

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Coach Bag # 6499

The duffel sac is huge! If it's about 14"x13.5"x9", it's 9085. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Coach Bag # 6499

It's authentic. The style number isn't 6499 since it was made pre-1994. The random serial number doesn't indicate the style. 

Without measurements, it's hard to ID the style but it appears to be a Duffel Sac, style 9085.

albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

Thank you again so much. I was so afraid it was a fake. I couldn't fine the number on line.  The measurements is

13" H X 15" W X 9" B ; I agree it appear to be much bigger than the bucket bag purse.

Thank you again.  I appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

The duffel sac is huge! If it's about 14"x13.5"x9", it's 9085. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

It's  about that size.

Thank you again.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

Hi,

Do you have any info, history at all on the random style # 6499 in this duffle bag? The size of the bag match the XL duffle sack, but is there anything else? I appreciate all of you help with identifying the real from the fake and  I haven't had any problems with Ebay removing any of my coach bags since I started sending by you first. I would like  to get more on the bag if I could before I list.

Thank you again for your help. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

You are getting bad information. That’s NOT a Creed Number or serial number or style number as suggested here, its a pre 1994 random registration number for warranty by coach when they did that. Each bag had a random individual Registration number between late 1970s and 1994 when Coach started using modern marking system that includes codes for month, year, plant and style number.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

It is NOT "bad information" when someone calls it a serial number or a registration number! 

Random serial number - random registration number -- they're the same things and for you to confuse posters just to be "right" makes you wrong.

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

It is NOT "bad information" when someone calls it a serial number or a registration number! 

Random serial number - random registration number -- they're the same things and for you to confuse posters just to be "right" makes you wrong.

Amen to that! I agree.

Wrong & rude to boot.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

I didn't get bad information; I needed more info; I didn't get a clear understanding of the # 6499; I  appreciate your help.  I guess I have one of the first batch with the Registration number. Do you know when they started to put the style # 9085 in the bag?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

@bkick11 wrote:

I didn't get bad information; I needed more info; I didn't get a clear understanding of the # 6499; I  appreciate your help.  I guess I have one of the first batch with the Registration number. Do you know when they started to put the style # 9085 in the bag?

1994 was the first year when serial numbers were coded such that the prefix (first part) was production information - month/year/plant and the suffix (second part) was the style number. 

Over the years, Coach changed things and from about 2014 through 2016-ish, "serial numbers" on creeds weren't in the 1994 and newer format. 

But again, prior to 1994 (1993 and earlier), the duffle sac would have had a random serial number. In 1994 and later, it would show 9085 as the suffix. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

@sandimas wrote:

You are getting bad information. That’s NOT a Creed Number or serial number or style number as suggested here, its a pre 1994 random registration number for warranty by coach when they did that. Each bag had a random individual Registration number between late 1970s and 1994 when Coach started using modern marking system that includes codes for month, year, plant and style number.

I believe you (or he) stopped calling them serial numbers in an effort to prove something. 

The following screenshot shows just one post in which he DOES refer to the random serial numbers as "serial numbers." You've proven my point.

resaledeals4you post ref random serial numbers.png

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

Sure! Nothing like good info! Your bag was made in the late 80's your model the 'Duffle Sac' #9085 was new in 1975.( It was actually new in 1974 but then called just 'Duffle'). The random registration numbers ended in 1994 when they went to a stamping system that included the month of manufacture, the year it was made as well as the factory where it was made (in the prefix, such as 'A4C', a Dash, and then the style number, 9085'. Sadly be careful of bad information here...it happens a lot!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

"Sadly be careful of bad information here...it happens a lot!"

You are so right about that...but it doesn't come from albertabrightalberta. 🙄

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Coach Bag # 6499

I learned better and moved on, unlike many other un-informed so called 'Experts here. I 'm sorry you are wrong and I can prove it. Prior to 1994 the numbers were called random registration numbers. Here's a registration card where buyers would write in their 'Registration' Numbers. Notice, it does NOT say 'Random Serial Numbers'. Also see a picture of a creed with the 'Registration Number' clearly stamped in the leather under the glue in 'Random Registration' Number patch. I have more proof if you need it OP. Don't settle for bad advice.

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

Message 15 of 17
latest reply