Gems & Minerals
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Loose Cut Diamond from Zimbabwe

I am a diamond cutter and gemologist based in Zimbabwe, I have access to loose cut diamonds from Zimbabwe that are ready for export, they do not have GIA documentation as the GIA is not active in Zim as the industry is still very new amongst other fa...

Hi Everyone...New to Group...Is this Pyrite?

Is this Pyrite? I have looked at several listings on Ebay on Googled many photos but I still can't tell for sure if it is Pyrite. If not, and you know where I can start research please chime in. Anything will be helpful. Thank you for looking!

Help with my bird from Cuba

First time on this board.....Found this 9-1/2" carved bird that I would like to list. I am hoping someone on this board recognizes the dark green stone. Thank you for looking! p.s. Do you think this is a parrot?

VESSONITE

For those of you who like and collect green. Go search Vessonite. Kind of a poormans emerald like stone. Actually Idocrase coming from Mount Vesuvius. The newer material looks fabulous. Someone hit an unuasually high grade amount of it and is selling...

Help please with Antique Amber necklace 205 grams

How would be the best way to describe this antique amber necklace? or prayer beads? I have done all the tests, Static and also floats in salt water. I have seen some advertised as Baltic? butterscotch, egg yolk? natural? Some of the beads look crudel...

amber 001a.jpg amber 002a.jpg amber 004a.jpg amber 008a.jpg

What kind of turquoise am I (am I turquoise?)

I am trying to find out everything I can about this ring..... to start, do you think this is genuine turquoise? The ring is marked sterling with gold overlay on the front in a rosy color.....I have been researching mines and am trying to determine wh...

20150802_175435-1-1 (620x640).jpg

Presidium Gem Indicator Users

I have both the older Presidium (the analog one with the dial and needle that swoops to show what the stone by the range) and the new pen style where you choose the color and the machine gives you the list of items. So far the pen style only tells me...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Baltic Amber Necklace? help..

hello, I purchased this necklace from an estate sale and haven't been able to find anything like it. I was told it was amber. Does anyone know if this is amber, know the maker , age or value?? any help would really be appreciated. It weighs about 190...

Help Gemstone covered Box ?

Need some help with this Gemstone covered Tissue Box ? Labradorite or Chrysocolla or Turquoise ? Does have a shiny surface was thinking maybe Labradorite. Thanks

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help with Gemstones

Can someone help me identify these Gemstones on thisSterling Necklace? The necklace is not marked but testsSterling the stones I believe are rough cut polished andshaped six sided rough rubies. Maybe American Indianmade.

Zambian emerald

I see many Zambian emerald on Ebay,are they any good,just as good as Columbian emerald?better than Brazilian ?