cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoes listing - pet peeve Grrr!

While trying to list a pair of designer shoes, I wasn't able to post the listing without including a US shoe size. 

But the shoes don't have a US size! They're marked with EU sizing and that's the only size I intended to include. 

Although some brands have markings and/or offer conversions, my own rule of thumb and what is usually advised is that unless the designer or manufacturer offers a conversion, it's advised not to do it oneself. 

For example, depending on the brand or style, EU 38 can fit US 7, 7.5 or 8. 

Ebay should not be requiring a US sizing item specific when the item doesn't have one! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I feel you on that one. 

The year it was made is another tough one to add. Although newer sneakers usually have a date, a lot of other shoes / boots do not. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

I feel you on that one. 

The year it was made is another tough one to add. Although newer sneakers usually have a date, a lot of other shoes / boots do not. 

At least the year of manufacture isn't a required IS.  (There's a difference between recommended and required item specifics.)

With US size, the listing CANNOT be posted with it! And doing the wrong conversion is a SNAD waiting to happen.

albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good point. I was under the impression it was required but just looked and it suggests recommended.

I have printed out a shoe conversion list from popular shoe manufactures that i reference when posting for sizes. It helps but if you do make a mistake, your correct in saying it could open you up to not as described returns.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

Good point. I was under the impression it was required but just looked and it suggests recommended.

I have printed out a shoe conversion list from popular shoe manufactures that i reference when posting for sizes. It helps but if you do make a mistake, your correct in saying it could open you up to not as described returns.

Exactly! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 5
latest reply