cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

What is the opinion of the people of USA about perfume? Can anyone give an idea? i have already listed a perfume in auction style method

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Selling

my idea of perfume is its a tricky sale

I have known for at least a year that used perfume is not to be sold

its supposed to be a full container

some perfume sellers were going back and forth about it and a blue was called

it turns out that there is a better category if youre trying to offload used perfume or the bottles

this was pointed out by one of the blues..its sort of contradictory

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Selling

You're in Sri Lanka dropshipping from China yet your Allure perfume listing says it's shipping from Youngstown OH.

How is that? 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Selling

my uncle in USA dear he is a good seller , I came to know that my uncle sells perfume. That's why I took that decision so that customers can get the order very quickly. Is there a problem dear ?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Selling

@fab_finds4u wrote:

You're in Sri Lanka dropshipping from China yet your Allure perfume listing says it's shipping from Youngstown OH.

How is that? 

Hmm. I'm seeing item locations of Plain City, Ohio for the perfume, China for most of the other listings and Sri Lanka for some of the completed/sold listings. 

@imadu_vishmitha 

I'm not sure that perfume can be shipped by air. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Selling

No dear, doesn't ship air method. This item is already in stock in the USA, not in China . it will ship through USPS method, 

If there is any mistake on my part, I respectfully request you to point it out to me.
I always look forward to the advice of top sellers like you. 🙏

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Selling

@imadu_vishmitha 

Your image and description say Fast Shipping.
Ground shipping isn't fast, so that's not true.

"All items will be checked & packed properly before send the parcel."

Your dropshipper isn't going to check the item and they'll just toss it in a box.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Selling

my idea of perfume is its a tricky sale

I have known for at least a year that used perfume is not to be sold

its supposed to be a full container

some perfume sellers were going back and forth about it and a blue was called

it turns out that there is a better category if youre trying to offload used perfume or the bottles

this was pointed out by one of the blues..its sort of contradictory

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Selling

@imadu_vishmitha wrote:

No dear, doesn't ship air method. This item is already in stock in the USA, not in China . it will ship through USPS method

Priority mail and first class mail (within the US) goes by air, unless shipment is within the same state or neighboring state. 

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

Domestically Restricted Items

Open or Close content belowPerfumes

Perfume containing alcohol may not be shipped internationally or mailed domestically using air transportation. Perfume containing alcohol, however, may be shipped within the United States by ground transportation.

Shipping Flammable & Combustible Liquids
Packaging Instructions for Combustible Liquids

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Selling

Thank you so much for your advice

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Selling

Your listing shows widely different shipping times.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Selling

@imadu_vishmitha wrote:

my uncle in USA dear he is a good seller , I came to know that my uncle sells perfume. That's why I took that decision so that customers can get the order very quickly. Is there a problem dear ?

@imadu_vishmitha 

Your "uncle in USA" may very well be a good seller but you are the one selling on your account and depending on others to pack and shipping within your shipping timeframes, within the law and packaging securely and without risk of breakage.

Do you realize that it's your account that is at risk should there be problems with your "shippers?" How do you know they're shipping the same item as you've listed since you don't have it in your possession? 

If your uncle is such a good seller who also sells perfume, why doesn't he sell the items in his possession on his own account? 

Call me suspicious but IMO, something doesn't seem right here.

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Selling

I agree.  Also the seller did not use the brand name in the title. Also, item specifics show as unbranded. I don't think Chanel would be too happy with this.

Another thing..IF the uncle is so well known for selling fragrances........ they don't know the difference between a cologne and perfume.

It hard to know what exactly is being sold to the buyer  as ALL these are listed.>

Eau de Toilette
Cologne
perfume
antiperspirant

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Selling

Your items should be in your possession or control. If your uncle is dropshipping for you, mailing to your customer  I don't  think that's allowed unless he's a licensed  wholesale dropshipper. I could be wrong but that's my belief.

Are  you buying from him after you get an order and he ships to your customer?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Selling

Although this ID has been active for six years, I predict a short life for the future.  Has ten sales in past couple months, junk from China.

The Sri Lanka, China, Ohio triangle is a recipe for disaster.  If you have a day job, don't give it up right away.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply