cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent wrong item help

I have been a buyer and seller on ebay for 9 years. I am learning as I go. I have had my issues as a seller but as a buyer I am not happy. I purchased a sweatshirt and as soon as it arrived I through it in the laundry basket. I finally got a chance to wear today and it is the wrong color. So I contact the seller to see if maybe I received the wrong item and she simply stated she thought it was the color I wanted. As a seller I would have the item be returned and refunded. She is stating she can not accept a refund because now it is used. She has offered me $5 refund on a $50 sweatshirt. 

aaaggghhh!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In this case, I agree with the seller. You received the item and when you opened it, presumably you looked at it before washing. It was at that point that you should have noticed if it's the wrong color!

Now that it's washed, it's NOT in the same condition as sent and the seller is under no obligation to accept a return.

How you would handle as a seller is unrelated to how other sellers would choose to handle.

As a buyer, you have 30 days to open, inspect and decide that the item is "as described." It's implied that you accepted it as described since you didn't dispute the color at that time.

I think the seller went above and beyond in offering a partial refund, something she wasn't obligated to do.

And I find it interesting that you say, "As a seller I would have the item be returned and refunded," yet your listings have a "no return" policy!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

In this case, I agree with the seller. You received the item and when you opened it, presumably you looked at it before washing. It was at that point that you should have noticed if it's the wrong color!

Now that it's washed, it's NOT in the same condition as sent and the seller is under no obligation to accept a return.

How you would handle as a seller is unrelated to how other sellers would choose to handle.

As a buyer, you have 30 days to open, inspect and decide that the item is "as described." It's implied that you accepted it as described since you didn't dispute the color at that time.

I think the seller went above and beyond in offering a partial refund, something she wasn't obligated to do.

And I find it interesting that you say, "As a seller I would have the item be returned and refunded," yet your listings have a "no return" policy!
albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If it's the Athleta pebble gray sweatshirt dress, you received a NWT item and want to return a washed (and no longer NWT) item.

I'm sorry but you are wrong! Since you're a seller, list it yourself.
albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 3
latest reply