cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shoe Sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be nice if International shoes sizes in specifications were filled automatically after one size is shown, because it's computers and the charts are simple, would save the seller so much time. Time is money.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

International Shoe Sizes

I agree, but I wonder if shoe size means much compared to actual measurements.

Just as women's (in particular) clothing sizes vary with the price point, and an Eileen Fisher XL is about the same measurements as a Delta Burke 2XXL .

My wish, as someone who has square feet, is to see the actual width of the shoe in the listing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

International Shoe Sizes

And I completely disagree. As a buyer and someone who comes from the shoe industry I know that there is no way to actually measure a shoe for size as there is no way to measure for whether a shoe is short or long lasted. Depending on the lasting the variance can be up to a size. In most cases those measurements are worthless unless the shoe is completely flat and most  shoes are not. Width may have a tad more validity but length is useless and IMO width really is too except possibly for someone looking for extra wide.

Next, I don’t want to see anyone’s guess on sizing conversion. The only size that matters to me is the manufacturer’s sizing. I don’t need anyone to guess whether a Prada 40 is a 9, 9.5 or 10. Yes, a seller should note if they know that a shoe runs absolutely off but they probably won’t know that unless they’re selling their own shoes. 

I understand that eBay wants you guys to convert sizing but I’d rather just see those spaces left blank or repeated with the manufacturer’s size. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply