cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dooney & Bourke Authentication Check

Looking for the hive mind to tell me if this bag is authentic? I can only find one other bag listed like this on eBay. I currently have it listed for sale but am always second guessing (plus I am new reseller and recently found these forums...) Not shown is a tag that says the bag was Made in the Philipines. There are also rivets on the inside of the bag that have "Dooney & Bourke" stamped on them. Thank you!

.db6.jpegdb7.jpegdb8.jpegdb9.jpegdb1.jpegdb2.jpegdb4.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The bag is authentic. 

So you know, you are supposed to know items are authentic before listing so in the future, it's a good idea to verify and confirm authenticity of any item you didn't personally buy from an authorized retailer BEFORE listing it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The bag is authentic. 

So you know, you are supposed to know items are authentic before listing so in the future, it's a good idea to verify and confirm authenticity of any item you didn't personally buy from an authorized retailer BEFORE listing it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi! Thanks!! I actually did have it authenticated but let's just say I had a very "persistent" person who insisted it was fake so opted for a second look. She ended up being very rude so eventually had to report and block her. I appreciate you responding to give me extra reassurance!  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many of the features make this look like an authentic D&B to me.  I can see the careful stitching, the lining is a classic and the interior tags.

I have been buying Dooney for 20 years.  The only thing throwing me is the leather.  You might try the Dooney and Bourke section over at the purse forum.  There are so many collectors there may be someone who can instantly identify the bag.

Also, customers register their bags on Dooney.  You could try to input the numbers and see what information you get from the Dooney and Bourke website.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!!!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@cminichiello0528 "report and block her." You definitely did the right thing.

My wife has several authentic D&B and, although, I'm no expert I agree with @albertabrightalberta  That bag definitely looks legit.

Good luck with your sale.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You guys are awesome! Thank you!!! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply