cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolce & Gabbana real or fake - help!

Hey all! I purchased these piece from the UK however the tags look a little off. From all the research I’ve done, I can’t seem to find this suit either. Can anyone shed any light on whether these are fake or real? 

Thanks! 
Pia

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am not an expert. But those labels dont look right to me. The stitching of the labels look horrible. I also do not like the font on the labels themselves. I am not sure on the spacing between the C and E, it is supposed to be close. But the A's and the N should be the same width. The a's. look narrower than the N, if that makes sense. 

I have my doubts, but wait for others to come by. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I should add, it may be the camera label that makes the font look wonky. But the stitching in a mess and should not look like that. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

We completely agree! But the buyer is a reputable source so we’re confused! Thanks for your help. I’m hoping we can get more clarity on this. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mupcycledcouture wrote:

I am not an expert. But those labels dont look right to me. The stitching of the labels look horrible. I also do not like the font on the labels themselves. I am not sure on the spacing between the C and E, it is supposed to be close. But the A's and the N should be the same width. The a's. look narrower than the N, if that makes sense. 

I have my doubts, but wait for others to come by. 

I've compared the label in question to the label from a silk scarf. 

My observations. Although the labels are close, there are differences: 

• On the label in question, the C is touching the E. There should be a small space
  • The A's are slightly skinnier than they should be
  • There's too much space on both sides of the ampersand
  • The "R" registered trademark is smaller than it should be

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 1.22.11 AM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks so much, that’s really helpful and very kind of you to reach out and help us!! We appreciate it. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That is what I was seeing as well alberta. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply