cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach turnlock Scooter crossbody--input needed

If any of you experts could please weigh in on my Coach turnlock Scooter bag, I would appreciate it! Am including photos of Creed (difficult to capture straight on due to the location of it inside the front pocket), and turnlock hardware backing. I did research this style, but was concerned about the two seams on the bottom exterior--have only seen the vintage Scooter bags with one center seam...

Thanks in advance!

sharon1794IMG_E8186.JPGIMG_E8181.JPGIMG_E8185.JPGIMG_8182.JPGIMG_E8183.JPGIMG_E8184.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The different details of the bottom weren't discussed, but this post from 2013 might still have some validity. Yours is the only pre-1994 Scooter I've seen so it's hard to say if Coach changed production details along the way.

The creed and serial look completely genuine.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.763164/page-560#post24324725

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks so much for your input--the link to the post about the scooter bags was very helpful...my head hurts from researching this, but I have come across a few pre-style number scooter bags that have the extra leather bottom piece like mine. Of course, that does not prove authenticity, although the wording and spacing on the Creed plus the serial number (four numbers followed by three) looks consistent with bags from this era (early 1990's, just before style numbers were assigned--?). Not sure what year Coach first introduced the Scooter bag to determine if it is even possible that this bag was even manufactured in the early 1990's, and have reached a dead end researching that one!

Thanks again for your help 🙂

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sharon1794 wrote:

Thanks so much for your input--the link to the post about the scooter bags was very helpful...my head hurts from researching this, but I have come across a few pre-style number scooter bags that have the extra leather bottom piece like mine. Of course, that does not prove authenticity, although the wording and spacing on the Creed plus the serial number (four numbers followed by three) looks consistent with bags from this era (early 1990's, just before style numbers were assigned--?). Not sure what year Coach first introduced the Scooter bag to determine if it is even possible that this bag was even manufactured in the early 1990's, and have reached a dead end researching that one!

Thanks again for your help 🙂

The original Scooter was introduced in Summer 1991 and came in both solid colors and Spectator 2-tones. It disappeared a few months later and didnt show up again until after the new coded serial numbers had been introduced in 1994 so there was plenty of time for Coach to make changes to the design. I dont see any problems.

BTW, instead of posting pics of the back of the "male" part of the turnlock, pics of the back of the "female" part, the plate that the prongs are clamped around, are a lot more accurate in figuring out if somethings fake.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks so much for that info, and also for the suggestion on submitting photos of Coach 'female' tunlock parts--I had posted a photo of the underside of the flap, with the back side of the plate visible, but will include a closeup of this in future posts...thanks again for your help on the Scooter bag!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply