cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach bag for real? If so, some details please :)

Hi, I have every reason to believe this is original (has a gift card, a tag from Dayton Hudsons & the original wrapping paper & box), but ya never know.  The serial number is from the side of the box. The Kids could have given "Mom" a knock off 🙂  he # is hard to read due to my photo taking skills, but it reads : No. 0246 072 If it is original, it's never been used, and looking for the crossbody type, IE: Legacy, Willis, etc..  and approx. year it was made?   THANK YOU in advance!DSCN7264.JPGDSCN7265.JPGDSCN7266.JPGDSCN7268.JPGDSCN7269.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the extra photos. Alberta is right about the box not being the one that originally came with that purse. Its a style 9300 called a Companion Bag and was made some time between 1990 and 1993. Heres one of Coachs catalog pages from that period:

9300_Companion Bag_spring1989.jpg

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The bag is authentic but I don't know the style name. I'm sure @fashionclubgurl  will probably be able to ID it if you post the measurements.

I don't believe the box originally belonged to that bag because the box is for a black basic bag (also called zipper clutch), style 9455.  It looks like someone mixed up boxes when packaging it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The base is 3" x 10 1/2" & it is 7 1/2" tall.  Any idea of the age?  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@ibeashe4 wrote:

The base is 3" x 10 1/2" & it is 7 1/2" tall.  Any idea of the age?  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

It would be a big help if you could post a photo of one of the narrow sides of the purse showing the base of the strap and the side of the purse, top to bottom. Also - does the strap have any kind of buckle adjustment, and does it have an inside pocket and is the pocket open or zipped?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi, thanks for being so helpful!! There is no adjustment for the strap. The inside pocket is open.    Here's more photos.. And thanks!!!DSCN7275.JPGDSCN7274.JPGDSCN7273.JPGDSCN7272.JPGDSCN7270.JPG

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the extra photos. Alberta is right about the box not being the one that originally came with that purse. Its a style 9300 called a Companion Bag and was made some time between 1990 and 1993. Heres one of Coachs catalog pages from that period:

9300_Companion Bag_spring1989.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply