cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach? Court Bag 9870 Authenticity

Hello! New collector of vintage Coach and I was hoping for opinion on this Court Bag posted on Poshmark. I did check purseforum posts for comparison and creed, leather, and stitching appear fine to me. But, shouldn't it have brass solid rings  on sides for detachable strap (pls see last photo listed)?

Having issues with copying link from their app but approx. measurements listed was

8.5" x 9.5" x 3".  Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Screenshot_20210917-213803_Poshmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-213811_Poshmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-213832_Poshmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-213853_Poshmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-213913_Poshmark.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Although court bags are highly (and often well) faked, this one is authentic, made in 1998 but you are correct about the rings. I wonder why someone would remove those rings?!?!

ETA: That's something that the seller definitely should disclose because the stress on those leather loops will probably cause the loops to rip and become useless. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Although court bags are highly (and often well) faked, this one is authentic, made in 1998 but you are correct about the rings. I wonder why someone would remove those rings?!?!

ETA: That's something that the seller definitely should disclose because the stress on those leather loops will probably cause the loops to rip and become useless. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks again for your help and insight! I really appreciate it 🙏 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is interesting. I believe the D-rings may have worn through so much they were removed completely. This happens sometimes from wear and tear on the d-rings of court and other similar side strap attachment d-ring bags. I’m not sure that’s what happened here, but possibly. I am including a few pictures of the wear the d-ring and dog leash clasp can suffer from.

D9873B30-80EC-4060-9818-44A4E9F82566.jpeg

4AFEC832-065F-4DBD-BF48-94EB8DBDA266.jpeg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply