cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Bags - Need to Authenticate

Oops. I have been selling on eBay for awhile, but this is the first time selling handbags and I had no idea I needed to authenticate before listing. A dear friend passed away a year ago and she had a huge collection of designer handbags that no one in her family wanted, so they were passed to me to do whatever I wanted with them.  I can't imagine that my friend would have purchased anything but authentic items (and these handbags probably had not been used in a very long time), but I have no original receipts for proof. I have 2 currently listed, if you could please help me authenticate (photos provided). I already sold 2 bags (sure hope they are authentic) .  Thank you.IMG_3087.jpgIMG_3086.jpgIMG_3070.jpgIMG_3071.jpgIMG_3066.jpgIMG_3079.jpgIMG_3043.jpgIMG_3082.jpgIMG_1573.jpgIMG_1580.jpgIMG_1600.jpgIMG_1601.jpgIMG_1577.jpgIMG_1591.jpgIMG_1565.jpgIMG_1576.jpgIMG_1575.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Both are authentic. 

First (blue) one is a Hamptons (or Hamilton) shoulder bag made in 2006. 

Second is a Park leather Carrie tote made in 2013. 

Both bags were made to be sold at Coach outlet stores.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Both are authentic. 

First (blue) one is a Hamptons (or Hamilton) shoulder bag made in 2006. 

Second is a Park leather Carrie tote made in 2013. 

Both bags were made to be sold at Coach outlet stores.

albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you sooooo much for that quick reply.  I am relieved to learn they are authentic. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@uggywife2012 

In the future, be sure to verify authenticity before listing. You need to know items are authentic or they can't be listed. And a mistake can have severe negative consequences for your account. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes. Thank you. I realize that now. So, now I know that Coach bags need to be authenticated. I am sure there are certain brands that do need authentication, while others may not. Is there a list of brands that must be authenticated? For example, I have many Brighton handbags listed and I have sold Lucky Brand bags recently.  I am not very aware of what brands are considered designer and which are not (or which might be faked). How do I know which brands require authentication?

I really appreciate your taking the time to help me avoid any negative consequences.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply