cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bait and switch

Lots of us shop by price. Ebay allows sellers to show an item with a cheaper price. But, when one  clicks on size or color, surprise. Just like Ali and Wish, they change the price to what everyone honest is asking. Sellers should be made to show a range of prices like some do so we know to ignore the cheap price for what is pictured and know that is the come on. I see a range and dont bother with that seller. I know the picture of that "diamond" is going to be at the highest price, not lowest. The item shown is the lure.

I am not an  idiot. When I look at the listing, then find a piece of junk that is the only thing at that price...I write that seller off. In the US, stores are fined if they do a bait and switch. Show or list an item, then either offer one or two only at that price; then  say limited and they sold out..BUT..we have this one at a higher price. I wish eBay would start doing that.

I know there are honest sellers from China, India and other countries. But, bad sellers cast a shadow on them. So see that country as a seller and avoid. We need more control over listing and more honesty. I read the negative feedbacks, not the good. Some are unfair because the buyer either didnt read correctly, or expected more than the seller listed. But, when there are too many negative, something has to be wrong with the seller.

These sellers are no better than scam robo and fake emailers. Better make money fast before everyone avoids you and you go out of business.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Bait and switch

It's not bait and switch.

Sellers are allowed to have variation listings. Ebay policy allows it: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

"When you have many similar items that have different variations, such as color or size, you can create a single fixed-price listing that includes all the variations you offer.

Each listing can have 5 variation details and up to 60 values for each of those details.

For example, if you’re selling shoes, your 5 variation types could be color, size, width, material, and style. Each of those details can have up to 60 values: 60 different colors, 60 different sizes, and so forth.

You can have up to 250 variations in a single listing for no additional fee.

The prices of your items can vary, but your payment methods and shipping costs must be the same."

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 2
latest reply