cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these Prada sandals authentic?

Hi. I have a pair of Prada sandals that I believe are authentic but I need to verify please. If authentic, is there a style name or key words to describe them? 

Thanks in advance. (If more pictures are needed, I can supply.)

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They’re fine and I’d use the same keywords that I posted on the other pair of Prada sneakers. You can use the same red stripe Italy keywords but I’d suggest you really scrub the insoles prior to photographing them. They read pretty yucky and it’s easy to clean them up. You can also call them cross banded.

Prada Italy  Burgundy (or Brown lol not sure) Leather Red Stripe Cross Band Sandals 36.5

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

They’re fine and I’d use the same keywords that I posted on the other pair of Prada sneakers. You can use the same red stripe Italy keywords but I’d suggest you really scrub the insoles prior to photographing them. They read pretty yucky and it’s easy to clean them up. You can also call them cross banded.

Prada Italy  Burgundy (or Brown lol not sure) Leather Red Stripe Cross Band Sandals 36.5

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much @jsales0.

In fact, I did scrub the insoles before taking my pictures that were posted. (They were worse, if you can believe that!)

I used a toothbrush and dish soap but I think because of the suede napped material, it gets embedded and doesn't come out.

Can I get the leather straps wet? I was reluctant to really dunk them.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Use fine sandpaper with a light hand on the insoles. Careful w the burgundy leather as you could get bleed.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks. I'll try that.

The pictures make them look dirtier than they are IRL but yeah, you can see the soil.

I appreciate your authentication and advice.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I understand that the pics make them look worse than they are but if you can sand down those toe marks you’ll do a lot better with them as those sandals are a fortune today since Prada is making most of their athletically inspired footwear out of Asia and yours are Italian. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you again. I have nothing to lose by trying to clean them up.

I'm working on them with a nail file (emery board) and it does seem to be helping!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You'll be proud of me! 

This is the "after:"

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

👍👏❤️

Message 10 of 10
latest reply