cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veRO'd copyright violation?

So I recently sold an Item on here, after I believe 2 days it was sold I received the money and was about to ship it the morning after.

I wake up to check my email and I see that I had a veRO copyright violation after the item had been sold, it was an XBOX. Checking the list I couldn't find the name of the company or whatever who filed the claim. 

I do believe that it might have been veRO'd because it had games and stuff on it.

What should I do? I really want to make room and get rid of some of the things laying around my house but for some reason the item I am trying to list got taken down.

Also I refunded the person that paid but I still have a invoice that I am supposed to pay, I was told after contacting veRO that I can get that taken away since I had to refund. I am extremely new to this so I don't know how to go about doing that.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You were too quick to refund the buyer. If the buyer found that your Xbox was defective or doesn't work properly, then all the buyer has to do is open a return case. Ebay will only credit you your listing fee and not the FVF.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I couldn't ship the item or add a tracking number because I received the veRO, So I explained to the buyer that I couldn't ship the item due to an issue and refunded the buyer. but what is unclear is I get a very vague email from ebay that doesn't explain what I did wrong. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply