cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much selling fee

Yesterday I sold my Galaxy Z Fold 3 5g for $895 (including shipping) and only got $720 on eBay. They charged a fee of $175. This is a thief's job, is this a normal trade? I will no longer use eBay.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Too much selling fee

That's incorrect.

I don't  know what state your buyer is from but if they're from a state that charges 7% sales tax your fee should be around $125.

$890 item  + $4.80 shipping + $62.64 sales tax (more or less) is $957.54.  12.99% of that  is $124.38, plus a .30 transaction fee.  

Did you add optional upgrades or promote your listing? 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

No.  live in Colorado.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

How can  I solve the problem?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

You need to check the details in your seller account activity.   Ebay fees should have been no more that $126 unless you added some listing upgrades.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

Sales tax is based on the state it's delivered to.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

Go to your  orders page and click on details to see what the total including tax was.

Then go to payments and click on the payment to see what fees you were charged...

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

"$895 (including shipping)"   I see $4.70 shipping, so the shipping cost had to come from somewhere, likely your payout monies. It would have cost a lot more than $4.70 ish, to ship. Maybe you forgot to subtract the extra to cover that?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

Do YOU live in Colorado? The state sales tax is charged on the basis of your BUYER'S delivery location.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

Shipping costs $11 and a little over.

Please let me know how I can submit a dispute.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

@daniel.k.yi 

Please post a screenshot of the breakdown of the fees. Be sure to black out any personal information of either you or your buyer. 

Without that, the answers you get will be speculative.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

@daniel.k.yi 

Chances are, there is nothing to report, and it will turn out to be a misunderstanding of the process 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

Never even looked to see it would cost-did you?

That doesn't make it eBay's fault. 

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Too much selling fee

eBay's fees are indeed shockingly high, especially if you've been selling in the past and took a break.

I chuckled at the other comment in this thread claiming that eBay should have charged you only $126 to sell a single phone.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply