cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get around Search results manipulation?

Hey there, im trying to find a cheap bluetooth headset, so i did input'' bluetooth headset'' in search box, selected Buy It Now and Price+shipping lowest first.

after 1200 results im still not finding any cheap headphones because all listing are manipulated by sellers.
like i have ton ton ton of stuff listed at 99 cents, but none of the sellers does sells bluetooth headset for 0.99 cents , they just add a bull*** (like a case or a silicone cover) into the ''models'' that is a 99 cents while the headset will be 5-10-20$

1200 results 6 pages at 200 results and not a single listing was honest... How am i supposed to do because there is NO F**** way that i will support a seller that try to mislead customer and there is no **** way that i will report every of those 1200 listing and probably the 1200 next ones.

does its about to be the end of buying on ebay here cuz everything seems out of control? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

cuz honestly for now i prefer spend 5 more dollar and go support an honest seller on amazon instead of continuing my way in the jungle that ebay as became
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My only success at this involves switching to filtering for used (not exactly practical for electronics). You can *try* filtering for usa based and then ignore powerseller listings and then filter by prices to above $x. And check to make sure its not shipping from california. Do agree its alot of work.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I saw a clever hack to make it easier to skip over variation listings for those searches where it seems the majority of results are bogus variations.

If you use Chrome browser, once you have your search results, use the "find" command (control-f) to search the page for " to " (space,t,o,space -- without quotes). This will highlight all the occurances of $x to $y -- in the listings AND in the scroll bar. Look for wide gaps in the highlighting on the scroll bar -- that's where your non-variation listings are located.

If I can find the original post, I'll add a link to give credit to the original poster.

Apparently there is also a greasemonkey script to allow variation listings to be sorted by the highest variation rather than the lowest one, but I haven't tried that yet.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think this is the original post with the Chrome-highlight variations hack:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Listings-with-price-ranges/m-p/27165374/highlight/true#...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply