cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you report an abusive buyer?

Hi - I was trying to sell something in electronics and I got a very rude message from a user who then continued to use profanity and offensive terms over a series of multiple messages.  It's really hard to find out how to report someone.  Does anyone know where I can best adjudicate this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@rogreen-1 

IF they haven't bought anything from you, you can report them by contacting eBay CS:

Open this Help page on Member-to-member contact
Scroll to the bottom and Click on "Contact us"
In the Help Chatbox that opens type AGENT at the bottom then press Send to bypass the bots
You should get the options to Chat live with an agent, or have them call you

You can also block their ID

and toggle the option on this linked page below to "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me"

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The best you can do, and what you really should do, is just delete the messages. They haven't purchased from you so make sure you add them to your blocked bidder list. No one at eBay is going to read the messages, you can report them if that makes you feel better. Concentrate on selling your items and put this behind you. That person is a complete stranger to you, you've never met them, and you never will. Don't give them any more of your time, not worth it. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would do the same as what lamber9347 suggested. In the wide world of the internet, there are a lot of people that are just looking to get a rise out of someone. They have no intent of buying or selling but just looking for a platform where they can ruffle some feathers. Be the bigger person and just walk away. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As far as I know, there's no way to report a buyer for abusive messages unless they already have a purchase. 

This is a major flaw in the report system. Why shouldn't we be able to notify eBay of potential problems?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you have not actually been involved in a transaction with this person, why not simply put them on your Blocked Bidders List? 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply