cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIGURINE

SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT THIS ASHTRAY MAYBE FAKE.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW?

THANK YOU CLAUDETTEIMG_1696.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FIGURINE

Hi champagne200,

I don't know, but I don't think someone would bother making a copy of a $10 or $20 item. Just saying...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

FIGURINE

Fake as in a counterfeit or fake as in someone else made it other than Disney (handmade)?  Are there any other markings on it?  I'm with @cambriachick --why fake a $10-20 item?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

FIGURINE

While the etched lettering and Mickey Mouse face seem somewhat similar to the glass merchandise sold through Arribas Bros. at Walt Disney World... the absence of the "c.Disney" copyright mark... and the use only of "Disney World" rather than the full name of "Walt Disney World" (as required on all authorized Walt Disney World merchandise) this indicates that the item may be an unauthorized issue; possibly sold at a non-Disney shop somewhere near the resort.  It's still a fun piece... even though it doesn't quite measure-up to official Disney merchandising standards.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

FIGURINE

This just looks like a custom piece I would not say it is counterfeit because there is no false trademarks and is not a look alike remake of something Disney made. It does not look to me to be something someone is trying to pass off as authentic. You would just need to be careful if the face was a template when it was etched, it could not be a copied template of an unauthorized reproduction.  If this is your I would just make sure it is listed correctly and not Disney branded but listed as a custom piece.

Also I would not assume because an item is low value people wont fake it.. There is a huge issue with low value Disney pins being faked.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply