cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

perfume bottle &powder jar

klvd8220
Enthusiast
found theese the other day can't find in any of my books ,wondering if any body knows when they were made & by whom any thoughts on them will be helpful.will try to get better pics when sunny .tiaImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi klvd, Page 74 of my book, Bedroom & Bathroom Glassware of the Depression Years by Margaret & Kenn Whitmyer shows Cambridge bottles of the same shape. There is one showing in the same color (Peach-blo with a wheel cut decoration. The book shows different decorations of the #198 Cambridge cologne bottles. Height of the perfume is 5 inches. Stopper is 3 1/4 inches long, and the bottom is 4 1/2 inches high. According to the description in the book the head of the stopper has eight flat sides which are separated by four curved scallops. The top is also ground and polished. The perfume bottle has three series of concentric rings. one set on the foot, another on the narrow part of the perfume, just above the foot and the third is just below the neck. I'll try to find a photo online to show you. Don't know if any would be listed on Replacements. If anyone has a Cambridge book I wonder if they would be listed there. :-D -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Here are two Cambridge Bottles without stoppers. http://cgi.ebay.com/Cambridge-Perfume-Bottles-Pink-Pair-Nice-/170601121293?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&has... Here is a set including Powder Jar different color. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380070089446#ht_2871wt_754 The shape is the same as shown in my book. -- Warmest Regards, Yan -- Edited by yanny50 at 04/18/2011 3:01 PM PDT
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

klvd8220
Enthusiast
yes that is the same as i have thank you .it matches the blue set only mine has a pattern on the bottles &lid thank you again . now i know it is a camebridge pattern .will try to get a pic of the pattern
Message 4 of 4
latest reply