cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american brilliant period cut glass vase

i bought this vase thinking i knew that it was pairpoint but now am not so sure........there are lines inbetween my petals i dont see on the ones on ebay. The one thing i know is it is for sure no doubt about it abp the flowers have been wheel cut and the leaves have been either polished or fire polished there are no mold lines those are on pressed glass it has a slight greyish or purple appearance very slight i think this is a flaw if it is really bad but it is not it was just an authenticity marker for me it is 12 inches tall and super heavy this vase is astronomical i swear......... there is wear on the bottom of the vase making it almost appear cloudy also marking its age authenticiy when you flick it it rings like a bell........making it flint glass i think.......... it is really pretty
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

oops almost forgot the pictures.... if anyone can identify this better than pairpoint please let me know..... Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

samsam (my daughter) took these pictures she is 15 now.......wow that means we have had the mosaic group over 5 years or so now because i remember her being like 8 and 10 years old making tags for our group
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

oops and she is 15 now.......I feel so old she is my youngest that i had in my thirties.......
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Sam did a great job on the pictures. Hugs to Sam! :-x I've been looking till my eyes are crossed for this flower cutting. I haven't found any like it yet. Will keep a vigil on it though. One thought did occur to me, might this vase be an actual import from the same time period as American Brilliant? (1850 - early 1900s) Remember, American glass makers were making Brilliant glass to compete with the more expensive imported European glass. Just a thought....;-) -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Yanny yes at first i thought it was american brilliant .......I almost thought i had a maker in my u.s glass book......but once again it looks like the pairpoint pictures i would guess a lot of that pairpoint is misidentified or the ones on ebay anyhow cause they look just like the us glass pattern.......but as i said mine has cuts inbetween the petals ..........adrn i also have some sandblasted or etched ones im trying to identify i just took pictures . The glass on the one reminds me of the heisey glass bowl i had the base does too but i dont know what this pattern would be called i tryed starflower and had no luck. The other i am positive is either frank oda or dorothy thorpe it is a bird of paradise. as soon as i get the pictures uploaded i will post them everyone is out putting the clydesdale on the cart but me i have gotten sucked in here. I just dont have enough time....this box is a time sucker.-------<-<@Carol
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

i meant to say at first i thought it was early american pattern glass....by the ding and the color but i saw others under american brillilant there is one almost identical in the us glass by heacock i have it is in the export catalog pattern 15167 floricut marjorie ca 1919 that was what i first thought it was but like i said i have cuts between the petals otherwise identical pattern. also the one they have listed as pairpoint match the pattern i just told you about but mine have cuts between the petals and the inside is like cut with squares. i dont think i will ever find it or the waterset i have with the star on it i thought it was duncan but not so sure now.....the pitcher has a safety lip like libbey but in the replacements book that i now cant find again there were other companies who had the saftey lip.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Carol, Check out the decoration on this bowl. Might your vase be Imperial too? Haven't checked it out, just ran into this listing while looking for something else. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350351052700&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WXS%... -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I think I've about burnt out my search drive on this vase. I have looked in all my books too but the closest I can come to the pattern on your vase is a McKee Innovation Cut s t y l e pattern. If this vase is American made I simply haven't found it yet. ;-) -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Yanny that does look alot like it bnut i dont think mine has any of those half opened flowers.Maybe it is an inovation variation. I dunno the closest i came was the us glass marjorie thingy and the pairpoint they had some without the line inbetween and i saw one with it but i couldnt find it to show you and i couldnt find the exact pattern and since it wasnt bid on i figured it could be a misidentification. Maybe i should try moms email to replacements dot com cause the dont answer my mails anymore. I think they give you a couple and then want you to buy and if you dont they dont answer you anymore. Thank you soooo much for looking i dont get on this computer enough but i have been searching through books like crazy.------<-<@Carol
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Yan it might be anything but of anything it is it is really old i think...... the top ede is also cut in like a squared edge picot thing.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

wow i think i found my cutting on a heisey dish while looking for another vase i have....... http://images.replacements.com/images/images5/crystal/H/heisey_462_2_basket_P0000267707S0002T2.jpg
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

does anyone think this vase could be heisey......
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

That Heisey Cutting is close Carol. The flowers on your vase have 10 petals though. Most of the cuttings I've found have either 6 or 8. I thought the cutting looked like Heisey's Daisy & Leaves but it isn't quite the same. Maybe your vase is a variation of Heisey but I can't say for sure.:-( -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Yan i sold this thing for 9.99 cause i was irritated with it........
Message 15 of 17
latest reply