cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying this 2 part frosted glass piece.

glass_a01.jpgglass_a01b.jpg

I thought it might be an elegant glass flower frog but can't find anything like this to be sure.

The center part is solid  and the holes are slanted toward the center ?

Any ideas would be a great help, thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is a flower frog. I have one too. As soon as I saw this, I dug mine out as I had never taken proper pictures of it. Mine has a label "Made in Germany (East)". I added the other pics so you could see it complete. Yours might be for a different piece, or maybe I am missing a piece. I never got around to doing much research on it.

label.jpgconsole bowl.jpgflower frog.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks so much for responding! . . So I guessed right but I am apparently missing the top figurine.

That pelican is very nice.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I decided to finally do some digging and it looks like these were made by August Walther glass company. It looks like they did several different console bowls and frogs among other items. Your frog may have held any one of a few different figures.

After some reorganization over the years and the unification of Germany, they are now Mikasa. I thought that was interesting.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes it is very interesting and informative with all the different frog and bowl designs and colors. Thanks again ever so much!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply