cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm writing a book!

lakeeriebeachglass
Enthusiast
Hello all my glass friends! I just wanted to pop in and tell you all that Andrew (dh)and I have been working on a book about Lake Erie Sea Glass for about 2 years now. We are getting close to the end and I wanted to make sure that I got my Thank you's in! I have been watching and learning a lot from all of you good people about depression glass and so much more. I have been receiving an excellant education and am able to identify many of my own sea glass pieces! I love this group and really appreciate all the help everyone gives to one another. (a rare thing these days!) I WILL NOT FORGET THIS GROUP IN MY BOOK! I recently found a little green piece of sea glass with part of a pattern on it and discovered it to be in my Warman's book simply listed as a geometric line/floral. No other name was given. I'll keep looking. I found a little juice with the same pattern on it in a local antique shop. He didn't know what the pattern name was either! Any how, I do have my colony pink sea glass piece and my cherry blossom pieces to fall back on! :0) Jodie
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm writing a book!

Good Morning Jodie!!! :-D Can't wait to see your book about Lake Erie Sea Glass!! What a wonderful project you've chosen. I'm excited for you and hope that you will let us know when your book is ready for the press. Your green Geometric Line/ Floral piece sounds interesting indeed. Did you buy the juice glass? If you like, post a picture and we'll all see what we come up with for you. You know how we love a challenge. :-D -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm writing a book!

Wow, that IS exciting! I can't imagine trying to i.d. a little piece of glass, when we sometimes have trouble with intact pieces. That DOES make the glass even more special, and just imagine the history! If the glass could only talk........ Way to go, Jodie!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm writing a book!

lakeeriebeachglass
Enthusiast
Ok, here are my pics. Granted, they aren't the best of quality because I depend on natural light and its getting ready to rain. Figures. This piece is also UV. It needs cleaned up, too. There are little specks of dirt all over it and the glass itself has teeny tiny bubbles inside. Its a cute glass. Now, the fellow I purchased it from called it a sorbet. I thought it was a juice. Are they different? Does that matter? Jodie (wow! I just had a real problem getting my PB pics to transfer here! What a pain! So, I tried tiny pic instead.) Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ha! Much better with tinypic! -- Edited by lakeeriebeachglass at 04/28/2009 8:07 AM PDT
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I'm writing a book!

Hi Jodie, What a stroke of luck to find that footed glass and be able to match it to your shard of LESG!! WooHoo!! Here's a listing that has a good picture of a Jeannette Floral, Poinsettia 4 inch juice. 190301120313 I also found it in my 15th Edition Florence Depression Glass book. The photo is on page 81. Jeannette made this pattern from 1931 through 1935 according to Mr. Florence. The author also states on page 78 that a Green 3 ounce footed tumbler is Rare and Unusual. The older pieces (not reproductions) will glow under black light. Hazel Marie Weatherman also lists this pattern as Jeannette made. She also states that Jadite pieces were made a year after Jeannette discontinued the pink and green. This info found on page 81 of Colored Glassware of the Depression Era by Hazel Marie Weatherman. You've made a Wonderful Find Jodie!!! Congratulations!!! -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm writing a book!

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
AH HA! Another book in which I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into! COOL! Keep us updated on the publishing date, ya hear? Congrats Jodie! I'm looking forward to reading it! Hedgie P.S. your little juice is a wonderful find! I would be throwing butternuts if it was in my collection! Great research Yanny! Hedgie
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm writing a book!

Golly, I can't believe it's been almost a year since we saw Jodie! I am wondering how the book project is coming along. I know Jodie has her own site, I think I will try to contact her. Surely she will find Mousehollow's story about the ancient ocean sands in her back yard most interesting. To think that one could find beach glass in the back yard is awesome! -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm writing a book!

Hey there, Jodie! It's great to hear about your book project. It's always inspiring to see passionate book writers like you in this group. Your gratitude for the knowledge and support here is heartwarming, and it's true, this community is pretty special.

Identifying those sea glass pieces can be such an adventure, especially when you stumble upon rare patterns like that geometric line/floral one. It's amazing how these treasures have a story to tell. Keep digging, and who knows, someone here might even help you uncover the name for it.

Thanks for your kind words about the group, Jodie. We look forward to seeing your book and how it captures the essence of Lake Erie Sea Glass. Good luck with the final stages of your project!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply