cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identifying Time Period/Type of Glass

I recently bought these beautiful amber glass tea cups from an antique store. The woman who sold them to me said she believed they were from the 1950s. I am just trying to learn more about them as I have taken an interest in antique china/glass, especially depression glass because of the history. If anyone has any thoughts or resources I could use to better identify and learn about these antiques it would be greatly appreciated. As for this set of tea cups and saucers, they share some of the characteristics of depression glass, namely the color, seam lines, and lack of identifying markings. I am curious if these are part of the depression glass category or if they are simply from the time period immediately following the depression. In my research, I have been unable to find this particular design from any time period, only similar pieces.IMG_3487.jpgtea cup top.jpgtea cup side.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It looks like elegant glassware of the Depression era...maybe Fostoria?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I'll look into that to see if I find any matches/similar pieces.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Looks like depression glass to me.  A very common color from that time. Pink, blue, and green are more desirable, but it's pretty.  Make sure to show if there are any very small, intricate details/patterns in the glass.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Looks like it could be something from Paden City...probably a blank, specific pattets would be added. Careful tho, could be a reproduction.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is there any etchings on the glass?  The background you are using hides the details that might be in the glass. Put against a dark black background so any white etching shows. Good luck selling.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I think this might be New Martinsville Newport

Message 7 of 7
latest reply