cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't identify stemware

A client left these when he moved out of his home after his wife died. He said he had no use for the set, but I think they are beautiful. The bowl is amethyst, but the rest of the goblet is clear. I believe it is crystal, but I can't find another like it. Anybody???

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can't identify stemware

Are there any marks on the foot of the glass? What is the height and diameter at the top? I have a lot of Schott Zwisel crystal glasses that have a similar design. They typically have a "Z" etched on the bottom. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Can't identify stemware

No pattern - no etching - no distict stem design. Just the coloring. You will be busy at the library checking out stems.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Can't identify stemware

Do they have the Libbey "rolled" lip?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Can't identify stemware

Not sure what that is...there is a bit of a lip on it, ever=so tiny.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Can't identify stemware

I have been flying all over the internet for two years. I just sent them to Replacements to see if they can identify. They are certainly plain, but lovely. Thanks
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Can't identify stemware

I wish! No markings. They as plain as a mud fence, but they are pretty!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Can't identify stemware

blown glass with applied base. the color appears to be Iridized Glass.(note striations? in bowl) .best guess is 1950s-60s.without more level pics, height, base measurement, lip diameter, and capacity, it is hard to pinpoint it's intended use.
🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply