cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oil painting id

Good afternoon. I have this oil painting that I have had for years. I bought it at a flea market type store. Can anyone help with id on this? I am not looking to sell it. I am just curious. The signature is hard to make out. Does anyone recognize the artist's work? I have no idea as to the age of the painting either. Thanks in advance. gina001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

oil painting id

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like your painting! I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned floral still life.

1960s?

Could we see the back and hear the dimensions of the frame and the canvas please.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

oil painting id

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe a Dutch artist? Something like  Jor. van Zijke  (just a guess).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

oil painting id

Thank you so much for your help! The frame the painting is in measures 38" x 26". There are no marks or anything on the back. I looked up Dutch painters---there are so many. I do believe the signature is Jos (Johannes) van Dijk. This painter was born in 1913 & died in 2000. I think this painting is probably worth much more than I imagined. I just bought it because I think it is beautiful.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

oil painting id

Here is a similar painting by Jos. van Dijk. Click through the photos to see his signature.

https://www.chairish.com/product/1400650/dutch-artist-jos-van-dijk-flowers-1969-painting

Message 5 of 5
latest reply