Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

Help Identifying Old Rugs please

A customer asked for help in identifying a few old rugs. A few hours of research has shown that this is beyond my meager abilities. Any help would be much appreciated. The first:

head.JPG head2.JPG

Jesse Barnes Art Chinese Fakes

So sad to see Ebay do such a dishonor to this great artist by allowing Chinese fakes into the market place. Jesse Barnes was a native to Missouri, all of his works are sold in Galleries throughout the US. I have been a collector for the past 20 years...

Resolved! Please help identify small old metal tube with hinged opening on bracket

I'm stumped...I've never seen anything quite like this thing and getting nowhere on google. I just don't know what to call it or what exactly it's for.No markings. Lightweight metal tube almost 5" long and about 2 1/4" diameter with hinged opening on...

Resolved! identification of items

need help in identifying the purpose of the "Sophia" pot. No identifying marks on bottomdo you know maker? would like to know maker of second pot no marks on bottom THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Resolved! Artwork Blindstamp

Hi Everyone, Can someone please help me decipher this faint gallery's blindstamp? The best a can make out is: ALINARI'S PH(?)**********SFINE ARTWATERCOLOURS - BRONZE ******MARBLENAPOLI - CALABRITTO ****** Thank you all so much for your help!

WATERCOLOR 005-001.JPG WATERCOLOR 002-001.JPG WATERCOLOR 004-001.JPG

marking on pot

Found this ceramic pot while cleaning out my mom's house. Having a hard time making out signature. Can anyone help?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Idenifying a jewelry hallmark

I am having trouble id'ing a hallmark found on a piece of jewelry. I have attached a photo. It appears to be an anchor with P.D. stamped on it with a crown at the top. Can anyone help me with this? and if so, are there any websites you recommend for ...

IMG-2212.JPG
Labels
Most Marked as Helpful Authors