Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

Resolved! HELP IDENTIFYING A WATERFORD PATTERN

I inherited this beautiful Waterford pitcher from an aunt who was an avid Waterford collector. I have looked all over the web and cannot find the pattern. It's about six inches tall. It has a diamond pattern about a quarter ways up from the bottom, t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Very old painted hard ceramic piggy bank

I'm thinking by similar antique styles that this could be 18th Century, but I'm not an expert. Ceramic piggy banks go back to the 18th Century, according to an online article that comes up top in "history of the piggy bank" search. Anyone have any id...

piggyantique1.jpg piggyantique2.jpg piggyantique3.jpg piggyantique4.jpg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! hallmark

Can any on tell me who's hallmark this is on a silver cowboy hat charm?

20200224_1306_011_0.000_cowboy hat.jpg
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can anyone identify this?

Can anyone identify what this might be? I've tried looking online and can't find anything that's close to what this might be. I'd like to sell the set I have, but I need some kind of description for it first. It has a slanted top with lid Thanks for ...

green dish2.jpg green dish.jpg

Faux tintype?

This was in an old frame , looked like it had been around for many years. The ship is the USS Constitution and I am thinking it is around the 1920's. Is it possible this was sold as a faux tintype souvenir? It seems to thick to be a real tintype. I k...

Any ideas on age/ maker

Hi all I can only find maker as zan with a question mark ? on Gothenburg anybody have any idea of age/maker it's a large 12inch serving dish ?

Resolved! Small Native American Basket Identification Help!!

Hello .....I have spent hours on the web trying to find a basket that is in any way made like mine. Nothing in my view was close enough for a definite yes. I spent very little on it because it was spattered with paint drops. I have managed to remove ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! OLD STITCHED ARTWORK

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO MADE THESE? NOT SURE AGE. I SEE NOTHING WRITTEN ON FRAMES. MAYBE A NAME STITCHED IN THAT IM NOT SEEING.

IMG_1710.jpg

Watercolor painting

Looking for any help identifying this watercolor painting. Also, what style is this? I’m trying to learn a bit more about art in general so any reference material would be helpful as well. Thank you!!!  

6272A8DA-49D5-475E-8A91-5610399C2759.jpeg 62A9C705-2B17-49EF-9B58-2033C15B014A.jpeg

FAKE SILVER EAGLE - EBAY WANTS ME TO RETURN IT OVERSEAS!

This is definitely in the what the heck is going on department. I bought what I thought was a Genuine Silver Eagle for $20 in January. It just arrived Yesterday the 21st of February from China. It is a total fake. Because a Magnet EASILY picks it up....

fake.jpg fake2.jpg
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Antique sleigh bells on leather strap with brass ring can anyone identify age or maker?

Hello, found these at an estate; they appear to be quite old looking at the leather and structure; brass ring and bells but no marks at all; was hoping for some help on age, identifying the bells...I think they might be petal bells? I'm also curious ...

102_5245.JPG 102_5246.JPG 102_5247.JPG 102_5248.JPG
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! HELP IDENTIFYING A SMALL BLUE & WHITE DELFT PITCHER

IS ANYONE ABLE TO TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS LITTLE PITCHER? AGE? COUNTRY? MAKER? IT'S ABOUT 5 1/2" TALL AND HAS SOME AGE WARE. FROM THE WORN SPOTS IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S REDWARE UNDER THE GLAZE. THERE IS A SOMEWHAT BIRD IMAGE ON THE FRONT BELOW THE PIN...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors