Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

eBay just eliminated the free 50,000 listings from the Entertainment category

One could revise their vintage Movie photos listings and put them in Collectibles/Photo/Celebrity and then be still able to list 50,000 extra for free, as eBay offers that. My question is: Will listings in Collectibles get as many viewers, or are sal...

Scott 873 no plate number

Hi,I came across a lower left corner block of 4 of BT Washington 10 cent Scott 873 with no plate number. Comments please. JW

btwashington.jpg

Help with an Oriental rug please

I've hurt my back and have trouble unloading this rug to get pictures so I'm just showing half. It is 6'x9' and very heavy with a very thick pile. Does anyone recognize the region? 19 x 19 stitches per inch = 361 Wool and maybe some silk mixed in. My...

rug1.jpg rug2.jpg rug3.jpg rug4.jpg

collecting old christmas decorations

Can anyone recommend some books about identifying old christmas decorations?I have some old rubber face elves..flocked reindeer etc..can't seem to find any good books about old Christmas items.thanks

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Grateful Dead Several Concert Artist Posters Need Help to Date Identify

I found a bunch of old music concert rock posters at a thrift store; I don't know who a couple of them are; there are no identifying marks of printer or maker; they are vintage for sure, any help would be great the Grateful Dead one is small the othe...

102_6140.JPG 102_6141.JPG 102_6142.JPG 102_6143.JPG
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

civil war era pouch? What was it for ?

anyone have any idea what this pouch was for. It is leather and is old, measures about 14" long and about 4" wide, it has a leather handle and a strap on the side that holds the leather end closed. I am puzzled. Looks like there is a curves A on the ...

Anyone Recognize Mark on Ormolu Drip Pottery/ Ceramic Vase

I've tried Kovel's and everywhere else I could think of to identify the mark without any luck. There was a vase fairly similar to this that sold on Etsy 'French Vase Art Nouveau Ceramic Ormolu Vase' but it had a different mark. Any help would be very...

ormoluvase2.JPG ormoluvase1.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Identifying Old Cast Iron Rabbit

My grandmother had this rabbit way before I was born (1947). My grandmother would tell us kids that it was Peter Rabbit and she had had it for a long time. Anyway, I ended up with it since 1974. It has been painted several times. I noticed there is a...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors