cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Winston Cup program w/ autographs

‎03-31-2023 11:19 PM

Hi All !

I have a bit of dilemma. I was clearing out a building on our place that had been stored with all kinds of motorcycle and car racing stuff. One of the items is a vintage 1970's program from a Winston 500 held at Riverside Raceway in So. Cal. The front cover is covered with driver's signatures the Unser brothers, Richard Petty, other big names as well as loads of semi known drivers from back in the day.  I've done some comparison checking to see if they are valid and they all appear to me to be correct. My question is where to start the auction, do I have to get it authenticated - I live in rural CA Sierra foothills - long way from cities, who would I go to ? And I would never start the auction at 99¢ but where would you start it at ?

Any advice would be appreciated it. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you don't want to travel with it,  would you be able to mail it to a professional appraiser who could authenticate the signatures?  You're not obligated to get it authenticated but it would certainly help you get the best possible price for the item.  You can find comparables by searching the "sold" autographed racing programs or similar items signed by those on your item.  Check auctions versus the fixed price sales to see which is likely to bring a sale at good price.  

Rita

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes, I've already done some of this research. I guess one of the things I'm concerned about is the company or person who would do the authentication that I could or would send it  or pics to. And I wonder what the charge will be to do all of this and whether or not it's going to be worth it 😁 ! Yes, I am a thrifty Scot !

But I have already written to Beckett Authentication to check out these questions. I figure if I can authenticate the big 4 that's on the cover, then I'm a happy camper.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply