cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VINTAGE ELECTRIC CHRISTMAS 5 CANDLE DECORATION

I bought this many years ago at my local Goodwill 

I have  3 of these 

I am a frequent patron of thrift stores /antique stores and have never seen  one of this item 

Item has no markings as found great condition , they work fine but i have never had the original box 

measures approx 12 inches high x 13 3/4 - 14 inches wide

I know nothing about them

Have never seen a listing but I have only started looking for a little over a year

Looking for any help with identifying age or idea of value

ThanksWIN_20210826_11_10_59_Pro.jpgWIN_20210826_10_49_06_Pro.jpgWIN_20210826_10_49_26_Pro.jpgWIN_20210826_11_10_53_Pro.jpgWIN_20210826_11_18_37_Pro.jpgWIN_20210826_11_18_12_Pro.jpgWIN_20210826_10_48_58_Pro.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@terrycece62 wrote:

The retro look made me think they might be actually old but condition is almost perfect not a sign of window decorations used  every Christmas for years 

Really Like the design but lit up I  prefer the actual older vintage (mid-century) ones my mom had when I was growing up

Many thanks😊

Also that type of bulb and wiring, the name / designation of which escapes me at the moment, is comparatively new.

But, as I said, it's attractive and someone will like it.  And it's probably not too soon to begin listing Christmas decorations.

=

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'd say it's not very old, not with that design and type of bulb.  Does it plug in or use batteries?  And is it ceramic?

The older ones used C-4 incandescent bulbs, were invariably a cream- or yellowish-color plastic and, of course, they plugged in. 

It's attractive and will find a buyer, but since it's a comparatively recent Asian import I doubt if you will ever find the maker and I doubt it would add much to the value if you did.  Sell it on its own merits.

If you want to keep looking for it, though, add the phrase "Christmas candolier" to your search terms, if you haven't already done so. 

=

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank  you for the info Maxine 

This one had me stumped

It is at least 15 - 20 years old but your right it is a cream colored sturdy plastic but no not ceramic 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Any marks on it to were it was made and who by??

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@terrycece62 wrote:

Thank  you for the info Maxine 

This one had me stumped

It is at least 15 - 20 years old but your right it is a cream colored sturdy plastic but no not ceramic 

That's the thing about the way "vintage" is now used, as a purely subjective term.  If you're young, 15 or 20 years ago is a long time.  If you're my age, you got rid of your old Christmas candoliers about 40 years ago, and they were 20 years old then.   😊

=

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The retro look made me think they might be actually old but condition is almost perfect not a sign of window decorations used  every Christmas for years 

Really Like the design but lit up I  prefer the actual older vintage (mid-century) ones my mom had when I was growing up

Many thanks😊

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No marks at all 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@terrycece62 wrote:

Many thanks😊

Also that type of bulb and wiring, the name / designation of which escapes me at the moment, is comparatively new.

But, as I said, it's attractive and someone will like it.  And it's probably not too soon to begin listing Christmas decorations.

=

Message 8 of 8
latest reply