cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP - IDENTIFY MILITARY HELMET WW1? WW2? POSSIBLY GERMAN? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

Hi,

I recently purchased this helmet at an estate sale and am having some difficulty identifying it.  It appears to be a German style helmet but I cannot find an exact match with to the rear rivits and exact shape.  The inside of the helmet is marked "P" "O" and has a hand written tag which reads "Kelleubebier Ernst" "536.44.301" which I believe is a German name.  The helmet weighs 2 LBS 13 OZ and measures 12 1/4 Inches X 9 1/2 Innches X 7 1/2 Inches.  Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

PLEASE HELP - IDENTIFY MILITARY HELMET WW1? WW2? POSSIBLY GERMAN? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

@antiquemaster203 wrote:

a hand written tag which reads "Kelleubebier Ernst"

I can't help with the helmet itself, but I'm 100% certain that the surname on the tag is "Kellenberger," not "Kelleubebier."

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

My wild guess is that it looks like one of the Swiss Model 1918 helmets, some pictures show the same dimensions and identical inside webbing. 

For example;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WW2-Swiss-Army-Helmet-With-Liner-Excellent-/153228917751

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

*Swiss Model 1918/40 Modified in 1940 for ww2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pq1I_9v_IE

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@ohnojoey wrote:

*Swiss Model 1918/40 Modified in 1940 for ww2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pq1I_9v_IE

Weird how none of the comments on that video seem to be related to the content.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Maybe they were speechless?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ohnojoey wrote:

Maybe they were speechless?

When I watched the video a few hours ago it was showing loads of comments about artillery, nothing to do with helmets at all. Now it's saying "Comments are disabled for this video"! Probably just a glitch.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

And here I was trying to figure out if you were telling a esoteric joke and I came up with a dumb response!

When I posted that link, the comments were disabled. Then enabled for you, then disabled again.

Maybe the video guy was vacillating between enabling the chatter or disabling the chatter. Or a glitch like you say.

"One time I went to the drive-in in a cab. Movie cost me $95." - Steven Wright

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for all your help!!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply