cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in contacting eBay via phone

Is there a way of contacting eBay via phone any longer?  Also tried to find a way to chat and that does not seem to work any longer.  Any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there! On most of the help pages once you choose the topic you need help on and then if you scroll down, you'll see an option to request a call from eBay. The call back works very effectively - right now about 1:30 pm pacific on Creating a Listing the wait time is 9 minutes.  Chat also popped up for me right away and I got an answer from a team member quickly. Waits can get longer during peak times, but if you choose call back, well at least this way, you can go about your day with your phone nearby, instead of having to listen to hold music.

I hope that's helpful!

Rebecca

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

There is no call back option on my pages, in fact there is absolutely no option to speak to a CR on phone.

This is only recently.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@artdecorri, when you asked that question, it was almost 1:10 in the morning in Pacific time, so they were closed.

When you tried during their office hours, did you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page? That's where the contact options show up. I've never had any trouble getting the phone option (Have us call you) during the business hours 5:00 am to 9:00 pm in Pacific time. That is 8:00 am to 12:00 midnight Eastern time,

At the moment, that's in about 1 3/4 hours, so there's just the "automated chat", you will have to a bit more until they open.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

It is 09:21 ET and still no phone cust service available to me just choices and written info no way to contact customer service via phone like I always have in the past. Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Rebecca, there seems to be no way to get a hold via phone, the toll free numbers no longer work and message directs you to the website. The website doesn't show the option to request a call, not even during business hours. 

At one point I saw the option, clicked on it, and it took me back to the customer service page. 
PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I had no trouble getting contact options just now. It's working fine.

You have to choose the topic you need help with to get the contact options. For example, this is how I just did it:

1. click on Help & contact (top or bottom of the page, or use that link)
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us:

image.png

• Choose what you need help with. For example, I chose:
    • Selling > Creating a listing

image.png

• That took me to the same page that rebecca@ebay posted earlier, and there are two contact options at the bottom of the page.
    • Only a 10 minute wait for a call-back, at this time.
    • In my experience, I have always received the call-back before the time was up.

image.png

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Still no phone service for me.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

What happens when you try?

It's pretty much impossible to help you without any details at all.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Finally worked for me! but only when using Safari. Now waiting a call back.

In chrome, when I click "Have us call you" the website redirects me back to the customer service main page. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I was having the same issue, Try a different browser, and/or clean browsing data

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I just had no trouble getting to the "Have us call you" page using Chrome, so it works for some.

I have had trouble with Chrome randomly blocking some other websites (not eBay) but it gives it's standard security warning, it doesn't redirect me.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

There just isn't any option for a call back.

What more can I say.

NO CUSTOMER PHONE SERVICE.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Which us OK, just make email available.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@artdecorri wrote:

There just isn't any option for a call back.

What more can I say.

NO CUSTOMER PHONE SERVICE.

You haven't given any details at all of what you have tried, what happens, what you are seeing. So there's a lot more that you could say. I need some details, some kind of clue, to try to help you with this any more.

What are you trying to get help with? What do you want to talk to eBay about?

If you let me know the topic you need help with, I'll see if I can replicate your results, or find a way to get to the "Have us call you" option.

FYI, I just tried for a selling-account related topic, and I was able to get to the "Have us call you" option, with only a 1-minute estimated wait time. So it is working for other people, and you may be choosing the wrong topic. Some issues are handled online instead of by phone. You have to work within eBay's process.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply