cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native American Artist

Can anyone help in identifying the artist.20240416_160823.jpg20240416_160821.jpg20240416_160509.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Native American Artist

Bart Forbes. 

Screenshot_20240418-174744.png

Screenshot_20240418-174739.png

A lithograph available on Poshmark for $160 says this:

"Barton "Bart" Forbes. He did American Indian cowboy art about 1975. This one is called Hoolalakin. It has an original signature plus is numbered 349/380. Paper measure 20 x 16" and art 11.5 x 9.5 inches. This is for the paper lithograph only. he was born 7-3-40 & passed away 3-2-2020. Much of his art was in Time magazine, Sports illustrated, Postage stamps, Golf digest, McCall, 88 Olympics, PGA & Dallas Cowboys. His art had a loose style that was realistic."

Congratulations. You have a nice litho of a watercolor by a known and prolific artist. Native art is very popular, so it should sell well. 

Do more research on old Bart, though, idk if he's Native himself, or just a fan. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Native American Artist

Did you see my reply and immediately list it? I see you have it correctly attributed and up for sale. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Native American Artist

@maeday76 wrote:

Did you see my reply and immediately list it? I see you have it correctly attributed and up for sale. 

No, he actually listed it 04-17-2024 (before your reply), with the correct artist name in the title, and the listing title hasn't been revised. So I guess he must have been able to ID the artist himself. You didn't @mention the OP, so he may not have gotten any notice that there were replies. I don't, unless someone @mention's me.

He has two prints by the same artist listed now. Very nice set of prints, with matching numbers.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Native American Artist

Post and ghost happening far too often here.  I'm also calling it out when I see it.

Rita

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Native American Artist

@lacemaker3 I hear that. It's not crazy to think that they posted the question (probably after a lot of looking on their own?)  and then the inverse law of asking kicks in and the answer presented itself. 

It's happened to me. I've asked here, after total frustration, just to find the answer on my own once I sent up a flare here. 

I was stoked to find the name (and be the first response) regardless.

...but look at OP's post numbers vs. helpful votes given and received...ijs...

Thanks for not lighting me up. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Native American Artist

@maeday76, yes, I get that.

I was a bit stoked to find the correct ID first for the Ashworth bowl today as well. So I get it. I wasn't certain when I first suggested it, but then the OP and I found a few other very similar pieces that confirmed the ID.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Native American Artist

I thought that a notice is sent to an OP whenever there is a reply to the post even if the reply doesn't include the OP's name.  Is that not true?  Maybe it's a good idea to include the OP's name in any reply just to be sure the OP sees it .

Rita

Message 8 of 8
latest reply