cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large porcelain ceramic.. trinket box? Has sticker on bottom but no words. Anyone know the maker?

It’s a large lidded ceramic box.. I’m assuming trinket now. It’s about 10” long. I’m wondering if anyone well versed in the ceramic world knows this maker based off of the sticker. I can’t find a similar box anywhere. For some reason, it strikes me as English. image.jpg

  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Large porcelain ceramic.. trinket box? Has sticker on bottom but no words. Anyone know the maker?

Looks to be a 1950's dresser box, hand-painted. Soft-paste.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Nice design and colors (pink, white, and gold). Strikes me as Made In Japan after WW2. Probably had an importers sticker at one time that has been removed for whatever reason. Selling point is the color combination IMO.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What does IMO mean?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh never mind 😂 thank you for your advice all!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When I looked at the pictures, I immediately thought "Mid-Century," but it looks Italian, not made in Japan. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply