cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese books

I've recently come across several Japanese language paperbacks that I'd like to list on eBay. I don't know Japanese so I can't tell much about them. One is "A Happy Death" by Camus (it also has the title in French on the cover). Two appear to involve game instruction: Mahjong (or riichi mahjong) and Go. The mahjong book also has "Tsuchiya Taste Book" on the cover. The other paperback has virtually no English that I can find.  Using the eBay app's image identification on each book turns up lots of Japanese language books but not the one I am searching. Any thoughts on how I can find out about these books and how I might list them? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

george

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Japanese books

@flabids 

Take a picture of the title pages of the books, and paste the pictures into the google images search page. That will give you the option of getting a google translation of the text. It works very well.

www.images.google.com

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Japanese books

I'm sorry. I must be doing something wrong. When I do that, I get many photos of Japanese books including the one I have. But when I click on that photo, I get a page of information in Japanese. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Japanese books

Ok. I think I see what to do. I click on Translate at the bottom and it does give me a translation of the title. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Japanese books

Yes, there you go. You got it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Japanese books

Once you know the title and publisher, go to an international book seller site like vialibri.net or abebooks.com if you don't see them on ebay.  

Rita

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Japanese books

Thanks for that tip!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply