cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know if the smoking Pipe shown below is a Block Meerschaum Turkish?

Is this smoking pipe a Vintage Lion Block Meerschaum Pipe, Carved Turkish Smoking Pipe.  Pipe measures 4.0" long. Turkish Meerchaum Smoking Pipe (1).jpgTurkish Meerchaum Smoking Pipe (2).jpgTurkish Meerchaum Smoking Pipe (3).jpgTurkish Meerchaum Smoking Pipe (4).jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I would like to know if the smoking Pipe shown below is a Block Meerschaum Turkish?

Of what material is the stem constructed?  Appears to be plastic?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It looks to be Meerschaum, but it is on the lower spectrum of carving quality and not terribly old.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

From my google search:

"How to recognize a (real) meerschaum pipe? It's very simple: just wet your finger and touch the inside of the bowl (you can also do it with your tongue): if your finger adheres (lightly) to the walls of the bowl, it is real meerschaum. Otherwise it is fake foam (massa), i.e. foam powder mixed with a binder."

What you need to know about meerschaum pipes ... (fumerchic.com)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply