cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with lithographs

I recently came upon some lithographs that my parents had hidden away. I know absolutely nothing about lithographs so I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if they might have any value.

On the back of them they say produced by the Lezius-Hiles company and they say the fine american art calendar

collection. They also tell about the artist and a history on the picture on the back.

There is a signature on each one and some have dates. I have included pictures of several of them. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. I don't want to just give them away if they might be worth a little. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help with lithographs

I only found one seller who has some of these currently listed, and no sold listings at all. Your parents liked the pictures and took the calendar apart and saved them. I don't think they have any value, but what do I know? You can keep an eye on those listings I mentioned.
Janet
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Help with lithographs

I don't know if there's much to say about them than they say about themselves. 

Lezius-Hiles was a big printing company in Cleveland, Ohio, in operation from 1888 to 1986.  They printed, among other things, calendars.  These are pages from one of those calendars, and you can still see where they were stapled. 

They were not signed by the artists.  The signatures were just part of the printing plate. 

They might have some decorative value.  I see that someone has listed a few pages from The Fine American Art Calendar, and you could watch those to see if any of them sell. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Help with lithographs

Oooops!  Cross-post with Janet.   Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Help with lithographs

I have about a dozen vintage aeronautical lithographs from this company that my father bought in the the early 1960s.

I have no info though on markets for them or values.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply