Help with identifying this

Can't find this mark or item

IMG_20230814_215902.jpg

IMG_20230814_215835.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Suggest you provide a photo of the entire item and give dimensions.  Is it a real weapon or a toy?  I think it says "The Lord of Matai" so could be a Samoa reference but I really don't know.  

Rita

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I read it as The Lord of Metal. That logo should be searchable. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Looks like one of the zillion (often called "Viking") imaginary "battle-axes" coming out of China and India  -- pure fantasy pieces for decor, cosplay, whatever.

-

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You think it's Asian with The Lord of Metal branding? Guess it's possible. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Looks like the design on the head might have been laser cut.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I believe what you're seeing is the mottled pattern of different folded and forged metals. It's dropped in an acid etch at the finishing stage to get the colors to pop.  The decorative effect is often called Damascus, but I think "real" Damascus has a discernable pattern, rather than a marbled effect. Could be wrong about that, though. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I think the pattern is in imitation of hand-forged damascus steel, but I don' believe it is damascus steel.  As Sonoma suggests, the pattern was probably laser-etched. 

I'm mostly working from probability:  There are very few cratsmen/artisans who produce damascus steel, because it's a long, difficult and, these days, expensive process.  There are many thousands, if not several thousands, of makers of fake damascus steel and they do mostly this fantasy stuff.

-

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Couldn't find it, thanks

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

16925517841627829518042699912015.jpg

Roughly 6lb, 24" long. Sharp blades

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

also has a flower or sun on blade near hilt with FD2 below it,  tried uploading picture but they come out to big for ebay now.  You can kind of see it in the 1st picture

Thanks!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Company is UBR, Still can't find the axe but thanks everyone!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply