cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP IDENTIFY 2 7/8" Antique Pinback AMT~TORONTO LODGE #11 Freemasons Object? or Other Fraternity

Can someone possibly identify the logo on this 2 7/8" Fraternal antique pinback/brooch with the Initials AMT Toronto Lodge No 11 on a gold "button" and underneath the gold button are USA &British Flags as well as the Canada Beaver and Maple Leafs.  Is this a Freemason's item? The enamelling on this piece was made using the cloisonne method in its manufacture and is well made and set 10k gold. If you don't think its related to the Freemason's do you happen to know what the AMT Toronto Lodge No 11 might stand for? Thank you for any information you might be able to provide. masonicamtpin - 1.jpegmasonicamtpin - 1 (1).jpeg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

HELP IDENTIFY 2 7/8" Antique Pinback AMT~TORONTO LODGE #11 Freemasons Object? or Other Fraternity

I cannot tell you right off had what fraternal or service organization it is, but I can tell you that it is not Masonic.

-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Despite the lack of any Masonic symbolism I'm familiar with, I may be wrong.  This is identified as a souvenir of an annual meeting of a Masonic Ledge, and if you enlarge it, the symbol looks very much like the one on your pin:

https://digitalarchive.tpl.ca/objects/294346/birds-of-a-feather-neath-the-shade-of-the-maple-toronto...

-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sorry.  Here's the symbol from the bottom of that postcard:

canvas.png

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you maxine*j  ... I found that same item when I was surfing the net yesterday and I know it's tied into a Mason gathering. I could find no more info on it. I will continue searching. Thank you very much responding

Message 5 of 5
latest reply