cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gregory Colbert Photographs

Our shop received a donation of many art prints.  In the collection was a set of four poster sized prints that I believe are by Gregory Colbert.  I do not see a signature or copyright on them, however, either on front or back.  I am concerned about trying to sell them in that they might have been printed without regard to the copyright.  Am I being paranoid?  I do not want to get myself into any trouble.

IMG_4835.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can you show pics of the backs?  You are up against what we all have to  deal with; to get the best money they have to be authenticated. Have you found the images in books?  What are the sizes? Match yours?  You might have to pay for an appraisal. Off hand I don't know the dollar values, do you know what they sell for? A possibility is contacting an auction house, they might give you a free evaluation. Good luck.                                     

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What are the measurements?  Do you see tiny regular dots under magnification?  It looks to me like these could have been part of a portfolio of his photos, perhaps sold commercially with a folder of some kind. 

Rita

Message 3 of 3
latest reply