cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed buyer information GONE (forever?)

I posted this complaint in the jewelry section along with other questions, but it deserves its own thread and I know I can't be the only one miffed by this "update." 

I'm referring to the ability to add a usr name to the ebay url to see a seller's hub style view of your potential buyers feedback, (both as buyer & seller) buying frequency/trends, and feedback left for others. It's a very valuable asset to have when trying to sell high ticket items and you want to make sure that everything looks legit from their end. 

I am hoping someone's found a workaround/backdoor, or crystal ball, because this is making big sales very nerve-wracking. 

Cheers.

M

P.S. on Android app and can run through browser also. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@maeday76 wrote:

I'm referring to the ability to add a usr name to the ebay url to see a seller's hub style view of your potential buyers feedback, (both as buyer & seller) buying frequency/trends, and feedback left for others. It's a very valuable asset to have when trying to sell high ticket items and you want to make sure that everything looks legit from their end. 

@maeday76,

What eBay URL are you asking about?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

http://ebay.com/usr/

How do you/have you in the past do any due diligence on high dollar sales? Have you not viewed prospective buyers recent feedback received & left for others? If you have, how did you access that info?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@maeday76 if you click either the feedback numbers or see all feedback, it should go to the feedback profile page you are looking for that shows feedback as a buyer, as a seller, and left for others.

2022-12-27_19-01-23.jpg

Or try this and insert the user ID at the end:

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@maeday76 wrote:

@lacemaker3 

How do you/have you in the past do any due diligence on high dollar sales? Have you not viewed prospective buyers recent feedback received & left for others? If you have, how did you access that info?

@maeday76,

Yes, if you use that URL and add the user ID to it, you can see the member's profile, and you can click the tab to see their most recent feedback as @valueaddedresource  showed in their screenshot.

If you want to see more detail, then click on the "See all feedback" button. That will take you to their feedback profile page, and you can click on the tabs above the feedback list to filter it, for example, feedback received as a buyer, or feedback left for others.

Are you not seeing these filter options?

image.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, the link you provided is very close but not the same as the link example  responded with to @lacemaker3 .That one used to work for many more things than just  feedback, and the new "sanitized" version is not the same informationally / transparency-wise.  

Is the image in your reply a desktop on windows or an iPhone? Just curious. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@maeday76 wrote:

Yes, the link you provided is very close but not the same as the link example  responded with to @lacemaker3 .That one used to work for many more things than just  feedback, and the new "sanitized" version is not the same informationally / transparency-wise.  

Yes, eBay recently updated the member profile page:

However, it never had the detailed information that was in the feedback profile page. It takes 2 clicks now to get from there to the feedback profile page, which used to take 1 click. I don't like the change either, but I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. Change happens, just like other stuff happens.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/

@valueaddedresource's screenshot is how that page looks to me on a laptop, WIN10. It looks the same in FireFox and Edge browsers.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@maeday76 wrote:

@maeday76 the image I posted was of the feedback tab of the /usr/ url viewed on Chrome on a desktop.

Like @lacemaker3 said, eBay recently changed what that page looks like and it's annoying that now it takes more clicks to get to the feedback profile page but if it's something you use often, I'd suggest just bookmarking the feedback profile url so you can access it any time and just fill in the user ID at the end.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply